Home Become a Member Contact Us WinPicks Software Scoresline Sports Forum

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out
Spotlight no longer working on startup/login screen after boot   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Market Talk] >> Technical Analysis >> Spotlight no longer working on startup/login screen after boot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spotlight no longer working on startup/login screen aft... - 8/11/2017 11:42:02 PM   
donnieclark

I recently had to re-image my XPS 13 it had the stock Dell image on until this. Dell had installed Win 10 Home which I had Upgraded to Pro. Until I reinstalled Spotlight used to work on the startup and login screen as well as on the lock screen.

Since re-imaging with the latest MS ISO (due to seemingly unrepairable problems with the old installation) I have not had Spotlight working straight after boot. Can anyone shed any light on how I can get it working again?

I've tried a bunch of stuff outlined in various other posts, DISM, SFC, clearing the content delivery manager cache and settings etc etc and none of it has worked.

I'm beginning to think it might be user account or sign in process related, my main account I use on the machine is a member of the administrators group. I assume it must run as some kind of system process and grab the files from appdata from my \users folder.

Does anyone have any clues as to what is happening in the background with Spotlight or how the content delivery manager works. Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e2d6c0aa-601e-4d80-be49-4eafa74492a5/spotlight-no-longer-working-on-startuplogin-screen-after-boot?forum=win10itprogeneral

Big Data Video Examples
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Market Talk] >> Technical Analysis >> Spotlight no longer working on startup/login screen after boot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode