Home Become a Member Contact Us WinPicks Software Scoresline Sports Forum

Forums   Register   Profile   Inbox   Address Book   Subscribe   My Forums   Search   FAQ   Login   Log Out
Does currency risk impact your investments? 3 ways you can hedge your exposure.   Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Market Talk] >> Market Commentary >> Does currency risk impact your investments? 3 ways you can hedge your exposure. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does currency risk impact your investments? 3 ways you ... - 4/23/2018 3:16:57 AM   
priyapatel

Does currency risk impact your investments? 3 ways you can hedge your exposure.

In general, if implied volatility is higher than historical volatility it gives some indication that option prices may be high. If implied volatility is below historical volatility, this may mean option prices are discounted.

The 1997 East Asian economic crisis and 2008 Great Financial crisis made apparent how vulnerable currencies can be. It also made apparent the need for firms to manage foreign exchange risk.

Many individuals, firms and businesses found themselves under great trouble in the wake of drastic exchange rate movements. Foreign exchange risk refers to the uncertainties faced due to fluctuating exchange rates.

Why currency hedging is important? And how it can be hedged?

Un-hedged exposure of forex (FX) can affect firm's balance sheet or profitability, which can create cash outflow and operational issues. Hedging reduces a firm's exposure to unwanted risk. This helps in sustaining profits, reducing volatility and ensuring smoother operations.

Foreign currency exposures must be divided into monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly basis. Short-term exposures up to, say, confirm orders be fully covered with forward or future contracts, and after that the strategy of partial hedging may be used to deal with volatility in the dollar-rupee rate.

Further, Derivative can be used with the combination of risk management and technical analysis. Forward or option strategy with pre-defined limiting risk strategy like stoploss based on technical chart observation would be ultimate hedging strategy.

This will also help to mitigate costing levels, especially in the time of higher volatility in the currency.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we Are Best Stock Advisory In India We provide Commodity Tips, Intraday Calls, Share Market Tips. For More Information contact us at +91-8305596871 or just click the link below and register yourself now. https://goo.gl/y9zQ9b

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Does currency risk impact your investments? 3 ways ... - 12/2/2018 6:22:48 AM   
kiranyadav

Yes Currency Risk impact on investment.

You can see more details on my page.

i am writing Content for Website Recharge Coupon, Cashback Offers, Promocode

(in reply to priyapatel)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Market Talk] >> Market Commentary >> Does currency risk impact your investments? 3 ways you can hedge your exposure. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 Unicode